It's been a while since I did a blog post huh! I had a couple of bad months with Menieres attacks which were pretty Hellish to live with, so I had to slow down or stop with the mini work side of things. Also, one side of my cabin was used to store stuff from the real house whilst we had workman in to do the kitchen and day room. The whole house needed gutting (when we moved in September 2013) and redecorating not to mention the electrics updating, new boiler and new double glazing etc, but I see light at the end of the tunnel now and we only have 2 more rooms to do!
So I have my cabin back for me again! However, I'm running short on storage space, I think some of my friends were a little flabbergasted to hear that, given I've only had my cabin in use for less than a year (never say never!), in fairness it's partially down to me not finishing and thus dressing the projects I have because I wanted to either redo bits or finish adding the final touches, but mainly because I have a few started on projects and I had piles of their component pieces scattered around my work tops. :o/
One of my biggest irks is storing and finding (again) mini furniture, I have wasted too much time going through drawers looking for furniture pieces for projects and not knowing what's in what box, they all look the same! So now I write on every side of the box stating what's in it!
This is my new storage. In total they hold 137 litres of stuff. They are great for anyone short of space especially if you don't have a proper work/craft space (or those greedy like me who doesn't have enough already!) as they are sturdy, tidy, move easily and stand alone units, easily fitted in a corner out of the way. However the larger one does not take 12x12 scrapbooking pages/books, so I've had to squash as many as I can in my Alex IKEA units.
I've had 3 stacks taken off to make it lower...so it's hidden! lol
Hidden behind two shops! lol
Anyhow....I have done some mini work though over the months! That is I've have been working on Mr Mulpepper's!
I sealed the polystyrene with two coats of PVA (white glue) to make it super strong and for the plaster to adhere better. Once dried, I applied my plaster and allowed to dry fully.
I then started on the ageing of, not sure I'm as happy as I could be with this...so I may tweak it.
No damp added as yet...only a little will be added if I do! I will show a photo (at a later date) with the lead and tiles added to the stack! ;o)
The other side...
The front, minus main shop windows etc.
The chimney stack, I need to tweak the brick work and age the lead. ;o))
It took a while to cut and add the lead.
The chimney glued on...and the roof tiling begins....
I still have just under half to finish off...the other side. ;o)
The brickwork needs some tweaks and maybe a little damp. The lead needs to be added around the chimney stack base and over the top of the roof tiles to create a watertight area!
The outside so far...it's had a few tweaks since I last showed it and glued the shop windows in... the two doors and upper windows acetate need to added etc.
The inner window shelves aren't glued in yet...I couldn't decide whether they should slope slighty like the real shop or left flat.
The little roof has been tiled...in real life lead would be added along the wall and tiled edge...however the real building does not...hmmm undecided what to do here!
The opening front panel has been wallpapered....no ageing applied as yet nor the windows and their frames.
I have a major irk with hinges showing, so I matched up the wallpaper to cover the hinges.
Then cut to size, if the architrave doesn't cover too well at least the hinges are covered.
The interior wallpaper needs to be done, then the wooden skirting boards, cornice and window frames etc.I haven't managed to crack open a new kit because of the house stuff being stored in my cabin, but I have started on my terrace of 3 shops with the Brews and Stews B and B upstairs with the Twilfitt and Tatting's owners' sewing room above her shop. My main plan is to also resume work on my started projects (if you go back on my blog posts you'll see which ones and some photographed here too!) so I can dress them and thus regain storage space! Lol Well there's always hope! Where there's hope there's light at the end of that dark and gloomy tunnel! ;o)
My Sister bought me some more pretties for my cabin...the hanging paper lantern and the little fabric daisy above the hanging narrow cabinet by the window.
The sky over Norfolk late 2014...
I couldn't resist a photo of it!
Happy New Year 2015!
I hope you don’t mind my ramblings and madness! :o))