Friday 27 December 2013

Have you moved into the cabin yet?!


The answer is no....not quite! We decided to get another electrician as we had no idea when the other one was going to turn up....how long's a piece of string you begin to ask! lol  :oP

We were told (by the new electrician) that my cabin will be the first job in the New Year....so very hopeful that time is imminent and he's not booked a 3 month cruise somewhere hot and fancy! :o) lol 
The interior painting is now complete (apart from the top coat around the window frames and doors, this will be done in the warmer weather), so with that we've moved some of my dolls house kits into the cabin. Most of my collection is still in the day room or in storage, once the electrician has been then I can finally move everything in and decide on the layout....which will change a few times, it has already and the jury is still out about the type of storage!  lol
Just a few kits, and my garden tub that I'm going to have as a mini wildlife pond-let in (just outside my cabin!)  
The  (concealed) guttering has been fitted both to the front and back of the cabin, I have 2 water butts that are at the furthest side (by the fence and out of view). No more drippy roof! The front fascia has been now fitted too. 
Two of my Christmas presents, and both for my cabin. The first one is an electric wood burning stove...which I absolutely adore...what  a wonderful surprise present that was! My parents bought me that. :o))   
 The little wood stove with its opening front. ;o).
This is my giant pocket watch for my cabins' wall! I have a love for pocket watches and I saw this one. It's silver nickel and fits in perfectly with my cabin's style. ;o) Again, my parents bought it. :o)) 

The roses ordered (so far) have arrived and have been heeled in for the Winter. They will be planted out in their proper spots in the Spring.  ;O))

I will be back when I have a new update...until then, I hope you all had a wonderful and joyful Christmas and wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! :o))

Behave until the next time...and I hope you don’t mind my ramblings and madness! :o))

Michelle xxxx 

13 comments:

  1. Your cabin for the miniatures looks lovely. I hope you're considering fitting a burglar alarm to it just in case of unwelcome visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will! ;o))

      Oh it's all covered, it's a must just like making the cabin elements safe. :o))

      Delete
  2. It's great to see an update on the cabin, it's really coming along now. I love the burner.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that you get electric very soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slow Simon, alas not much we can do to control that. At the moment it looks like a jumble sale, but today I moved my existing craft table in there and 4 new display tables (ready to be erected). Most of my kits are in there now. I have at last planned my layout for the cabin...next thing is to put it in action!

      Yes, lets hope he comes along soon...then I will be electrified! lol :o))

      Delete
  3. Good luck on getting things set up. I am still in that process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so pleased you know the feeling! I have lots to buy for the cabin..more storage and display tables to name a few things. Then the big unpack..now that will take time! lol

      I hope yours goes well and to plan Troy! ;o))

      Delete
  4. Lovely cabin. Look at all those dollhouse kits. You will be very busy in your cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to move in! The outside needs its top coat of paint and of course the inside needs lots of sorting out! lol

      That's only a handful of my kits and that's not including the ones complete and part done.... I will be very busy indeed! :o))

      Delete
  5. The cabin is looking great! I hope the electrician shows up on time! You do have a lovely supply of kits! I can't wait to see you working on them! That house in the back corner of the first pic looks very interesting...is it from a kit?
    Have a Wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy! I hope he shows up anytime soon, then I can get busy! lol

      The house in the far right corner is made by a British craftsman and is OOAK, so no, not from a kit. Both these houses you see share the same theme and my family would prefer (I think) make a start on them first. I only want to start on them when I am clear in my mind on their overall look. ;o) I have a few I need to finish, though I have more time on my hands now...so more possible.

      Hoping you have a fabulous new year too! :o))

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year to you too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle, I know it must feel like you will never finish! Just look into the future and see yourself working in your amazing space, flowers filling your little garden. What fun, lucky girl. Enjoynit.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine,

      I think so too, and it won't be long now! It has felt like an awfully long time, I think made a lot worse by the horrendously delayed house move and thus being packed up for so long too. :o)

      The electrician started work today! As far as I know I'm having 8 double plug sockets inside the cabin and one outside socket and also 2 outside lights fitted to the cabin to name a few jobs !

      Update very soon!!! :o)))))))

      Delete