Thursday 12 September 2013

Clearing the way for a Craft Cabin...

We eventually moved home on the 3rd September! We should have moved months ago, all out of our control…but we are here at last! 

We have lots of plans for the new home, and for both the back and front gardens. The house needs tons of TLC and money spent on it as do the gardens. The home has no history it's new (1970's), so this will be one of the newest homes we have ever owned! It serves a real practical need more than anything else and of course we love where are in the UK now. :o)))  
What a mess it all is! The greenhouse is being removed too. The garden size doesn't warrant a need for a greenhouse and I love greenhouse gardening and growing things from seed. 

The back garden is one of the smallest we’ve ever had (but big enough for us and what we want it for) and almost the entire plot needs to be cleared and started afresh.
This apple tree will go as will the old garden shed and small summerhouse (it's not viable). 

The cabin will hold so much of my stuff that it’s a priority to get in situ ASAP. It is on order as we speak, but firstly we must clear the area where it is to go. On Tuesday we are having garden slabs, plants and one tree removed. I’m a real tree hugger and I hate having to remove any trees, alas one has to go (we are replanting with many others elsewhere).

Once the area is cleared my cabin base will be laid. We are fast heading for Autumn and we need the cabin in place and painted in readiness for the bad weather to come. 

I have a new kit on its way soon. I ordered it in May and still not sure what it will become yet...a Father Christmas' home and workshop or something related to wizards and witches!? :oP

I hope you don’t mind my ramblings and madness! :o))

Michelle xxxx 

6 comments:

  1. It will be fabulous once its all cleared and your Cabin is up. You'll soon make it all cosy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait Debbie! It's been such a long time in the planning and the waiting! Lots of plans. :o))

      Michelle xxxx

      Delete
    2. I can't wait Debbie! It's been such a long time in the planning and the waiting! Lots of plans. :o))

      Michelle xxxx

      Delete
  2. Will be lovely aseeing this coming to life, i hope you have lots of happy years in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I will show progress as and when.

      Thank you!

      Michelle xxx

      Delete
    2. I hope so! I will show progress as and when.

      Thank you!

      Michelle xxx

      Delete